Monday, March 10, 2008

Paisley Purse Progress

I haven't been doing much stitching lately--just getting over a bad cold. I've learned lots of vitamins, rest, hot showers, sweating, afternoon naps and hugs from my DH and Diamond Dog help the cold pass quickly--thank goodness!

Today a dear friend Mary came over and we took pics of her dolls for her portfolio and website to come. She is one of the most talented people I know and uses found objects better than anyone I know. She has had articles -3 I think - in ADQ. After she left I worked a but on my paisley purse and have it ready to be put together. Here are some pics of the finished fabric. I have to warn you--put on your anti-garish glasses because you will need them! The first pic is the purse preview with the proposed clasp which will have a fringe of metal coins. The second pic is the entire fabric.








About the clasp, I have been making molds with a two part molding putty I got at Michael's. First I did a heart charm, then a button, a piece of jewelry, some cabachons that I have been saving, a brass fan (the clasp), a piece of jewelry and a seahorse pin (still baking). I used the molds with Sculpy and then colored them with paints and pearl-ex powders. Love how they came out! Here's a pic of the item, the mold, and the results. I originally purchased molds from The Enchanted Gallery--Kimberly Crick's site. She has the most wonderful molds and they are so well done. Mine are workable but not as neat and nicely done. I can't wait to start applying them.

4 comments:

Good Energy said...

Stephanie, First of all let me just say that I love your blog. I think by far it is my favorite. Your are so talented. I love your dolls, purses, charms, ect. The purse that you are working on is beautiful and I know when you are finished it will be absolutely stunning. I am trying my hand at making charms as logos for my scarves and garments that I dye. Having a hard time. Any tips?

Debra

Stephanie said...

Thanks Debra, I am having the same problem! I want to make hang tags for my dolls and purses. I tried shring plastic and like the effect. I am thinking of making a clay version and making a mold and then casting it in resin or UTEE. Keep me posted on what you do!

creativedawn said...

You are so awesome talented yourself...I like the purse...beautiful! Do you think I could spend a just a few minutes inside your head? lol, lol... I am not going to tell you how many times I have been on your site looking at your art!
Take care
Pam

MadArtist said...

oooh stephanie what a lovely purse! could i have it pls? i do feel like rushing off to make one for myself, cept i dont have an embellisher :(. would it take too long by hand or a regular sewing machine?

aparna