Sunday, November 2, 2014

New Book

A few months back I purchased a new Sizzix die that cut out a small album cover from chip board.  I made one with collaged book pages and napkin butterflies.  I have finally used the cover to create a pop-up book.  I have always wanted to make one!  
Front and back Covers.  The rayon dyed ribbon is from Ribbonsmythe.  The cover was described in a previous post.  The letters are cut from a Sizzix alphabetical die.
The inside cover.  The quotes are from a stamp set from Stamp Camp.  The pages are watercolor paper, stenciled and colored with various inks. The butterfly ribbon is cut from Vellum with a Martha Stewart punch.  The butterfly is a Cuttlebug die.

The first Popup page.  I wanted it to rise when the page was opened but not too much.  The cutouts are textiva film. The bottom die cut is Spellbinders The Gilded Life.

A between page.  The large butterfly and word are cut from vellum and embossed, Sizzix Tim Holtz dies.  The small butterflies are also from a Sizzix original die.  The smaller butterflies around the word are a Martha Stewart Punch.
This popup was adapted from a video I saw on Faceboo, I added the butterflies flying out of the flowers.k.  The butterlies are from various punches.  The little paperdolls are a Dienamics Die.

Another between page with another velum butterfly (Sizzix) and word.

I got the idea for this pop-up from the coin envelope book I made a while ago.  If I were to do it again, and I probably will!- I would ink the inside of the embossed butterfly and put the decorative side of the backing shape facing forward.  The butterflies were cut from a Sizzix Tim Holtz die.  I cut 5 and cut them down in size which probably wasn't necessary, but it works.
Inside Back cover, more vellum and punches.  Just need to sign it now.

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Great Mail Day Monday!

Received my 2015 Hoffman Challenge fabrics!  Ordered Friday from Quilt Kits on line.  Great service, lovely people to work with and the kit they put together is exactly what I would have selected-the challenge fabric and all the coordinates (which I really like!  Especially the blenders on the top). They definitely look different in person!  Now What?!?!?!?  Very gypsy looking especially with those gold coins.  Off to the sketch pad to stare at blank paper for awhile.

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Halloween Book Using Lots of Sizzix

The original post of this book can be found here
Just thought I would enter it in the Sizzix Halloween Challenge here
Dies I used: Decorative Strip Dies:  Tim Holtz Typeset, Vintage Market, Halloween Shadows, Brenda Pinnick Bats, Karen Burniston Birds on a Wire, Tim Holtz M&S Tickets, Spider, Skull, , Cat, Crow, Tag die Scallop Combo #2, Embossing Folders Tim Holtz Halloween Words and Cobwebs, Harlequin, Halloween Night and Poison, and Checkerboard squares.  The book pages were made from one sheet of 12" x 12" printed kraft paper  The covers are covered chipboard stamped and embossed with gold.  This book was so much fun to make and teach!

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Last in the Bride Series

The Never Bride
Still dressed in her bridal finery though a little worse for wear, this bride never made it tothe alter.  Her face was posted before, cloth over clay over cloth.  Still carrying the red rose and has her companion.  
And here are the three of them together, The Bride as a Child, The a Reluctant Bride, and The Never Bride.
Yes, one is missing a Rose.  That will be the finishing touch and then better pics.  Glad these are finally done!

Monday, September 15, 2014

New Book Completed!

Home Sweet Home book is pretty much done. The signatures are bound with cord and pearl buttons. There are 6 signatures of one sheet each for a total of 24 pages.  Each page has a top loading frame for pictures or journaling.  The signatures started as plain cardstock that I stenciled and stamped on.  The frames were cut from printed cardstock.  Pages are embellished with words Or other embellishments.  Now on to a doll.

another new book with my new toys

Second book cover from the new die.  Just have to figure out how to make the pages.  Chipboard cover covered with paper towels, you can see what's left behind the book, that were created when I was plating with the gelli plate.  I then stenciled over, added some crackle paint, inca gold rubs and gilders paste and done.  The row houses are from the spellbinders die, and the larger house is clay, sentiment stamped on green tissue and glued on.  Bird and flowers are also clay, molds and cutter from The Artsy Soul, visit their site, http:// They also have an ebay store!  Here are some pics of the covers inside (with the dots) and out in progress.  My idea of sky on a cloudy day as seen through the skylights in my studio.

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Scrap Show Yesterday Haul!

Where to start!  Lots do Sizzix dies.  Have been wanting that album die since it came out!  Also like the new gears die and it is a steel cut so it will cut metal and chipboard!  New Gelatos color is Stampunk and includes two metallics!  I wanted the Spellbinders die-thought it would make a great crown and it says will cut metal.  Will try it on a soda can.  Also bought new bezels from New heart shapes, double ringed ovals and small dot edged rounds.  Also ordered small hearts in silver and bronze.  Couldn't resist the little houses die.  Also bought one of the kits to shape paper flowers.  Had to try the album die so collaged some chipboard, added color with Gelatos and cut out.  The butterflies are from a napkin, also used pages from an old romance novel, edged with Bronze Distress Stain and spattered with gold metallic paint.  Found out the hard way, decorative side down!  So had to reinforce the inside and recut.  Here is the album open.  Going to add a clay or metal butterfly.  Add frame pages held in with buttons for pics.  Better view of the die too.  Going to make another with houses.