Here are some pics of the Journal. I made the book using Cason multi-media paper amd chipboard based cover. It measures 91/2 x 12 1/2". I made the spine 3" to allow for the expansion of the pages. I wanted to depict the year in seasons on the cover. Maybe a little too busy, but I like it. Over the chipboard, I added my favorite Southern Belle Muslin, then matte medium, tissue paper, napkins, and all sorts of rubs and mica paints. I left the back plain. I used some of my beautiful cotton Alcenon lace on the binding.
I wanted to inside covers to look like they were part of an old italian fresco wall. They are done with lots of layers.Paper is sketch paper, inked it to look like parchment, stamped with a square medallion foam stamp with matte medium, spread some VivaDecor Inka gold pastels, crinkled paper and added VivaDecor Inka gold azure on creases, flattered out and repeated. Ironed to flatten, applied gold ink sparingly to a round medallion foam stamp and stamped over medallions. Once tried applied a very diluted wash of deep green ink over edges blended into the center,then a light tea stain ink over all. Took damp paper towel and blotted some away. The borders were die cut, GuildedLife die, from printed card stock. Lightly coated with copper metallic, then dabbed on gold metallic then dark green stain and then tea stain. Final touch was patina gilders paste. The buttons were made the same way as the borders but punched then embossed first.
Here are my first week's pages- Goalsetting. One should have been to not overdo!
I was also looking for pics to post on FB for the 5 day-3 pics art doll challenge. Wanted to do Mermaids today and looked for one on line of my Red Sea Mermaid. Huh. Guess I never posted a pic of her, so here she is. I made the head while teaching a class in Kalamazoo. I was gifted with the beautiful lace overlay fabric on her tail. It is very sheer, with woven in flowrs of soft multicolors.No Surprise, the class was My Soprana Mermaid.