The Art Bra Ladies are at it again - we have another quilt in the works for 2009. This one is to be done in Victorian Colors based around a piece of soft dark pink sent out by our organizer, Barbara with lots of roses, preferable silk ribbon ones. I felt the urge to piece my block and before you knew it it was done which is ahead of schedule. Amazing! I'm pleased with it. The lace was a piece I was sent from Turkey in a swap. It is really lovely and I was saving it for just the right project. I cut it apart and arranged it on the block.
I had lots of silk ribbon on my workspace because I designed a piece and taught it to my doll club. That was lots of fun! What a talented group. They learned it so quickly. I tried to incorporate lots of different variations on the basics - spider web roses, japanese ribbon stitch, straight stitches, french knot roses, french knots, ruched posies and a pansy and lazy daisy stitch. I was too busy teaching to take pics, but here is the original design.