Sunday, May 4, 2008

Second Version with Paperdolls




I wanted to give the students some options so I made another sample. I also wanted to work with a paperdoll. Originally I was going to use a stamp, but decided to make my own body to use. The heads are from a pressmold. The crowns are stamped on clay and then cut out. The hearts on the top of the poles are made from polymer clay. Her dress is a piece of napkin on fabric then painted with glossy medium and pearl-ex powders. Each doll is set against an open curtain of sheer fabric or lace. The background fabric/paper is printed tissue with solid hearts over it. The hearts were cut out on my Big Kick. This crown is actually from foam. The clay is very brittle and breaks too easily so I switched to the foam.


The Golden Queen's overdress is embossed velum--embossed with the Big Kick. Love this tool! Her crown says Create.










The Pink Queen's dress is also embossed then glitter glue is used to highlight the embossing. Her dress is silk paper.
The back is decorated with hearts in different medium. The pink hearts are Fun Foam, the large yellow heart is fun foam over embossed vellum and the smaller gold hearts are scraps from the other two base fabrics covered with a thin layer of gold paint. The purple hearts are water soluble paper over the same heart stamps as the pink hearts. Hope the students have fun with these two options.


7 comments:

Rosy A. said...

je découvre votre blog, c'est magique, et j'aime beaucoup ..
Rosy
Luberon france

Dora said...

This is a WONDERFUL BLOG!!!! Congratulations!
I will be back again and again :)

Gerry said...

You are amazingly creative. I'm always so excited to see what you will think of next.

This is just so fun!

Carolynl said...

I love calling in for a peak ... you do some amazing work ... I always enjoy my visit ... thanks for sharing ...

Yvette said...

These are all so delightful and unique!
You did a great job creating these darling paper dolls!! :o)

Barbara said...

These are wonderful little works of art, Stephanie! Your students are so fortunate to have such a creative artist as their instructor.

Colleen Colquhoun Athens said...

hey...i love this doll screen!!! love colleen