Friday, April 2, 2010

A New Stump doll


Since the Garden State Dolls Artisans decided to do a stump doll costume challenge, I have been playing with a new pattern and costumes. The first one was Marie Antoinnette. This one is Madame Le Pompadour and again it is taken from a picture. I haven't decided whether or not to put this out as a pattern. Any interest? I made her wig from hair I got from Colleen (her ebay store link is on the left, OOAK Art Doll Mixed Media Supply Shop. I used Rit dye to color it. Her dress is embellished with ribbon flowers. I dyed most of the lace again using rit dye. The overlay on her under dress came as you see it - it is bright yellow on an orange net ground with some lurex. That fabric dictated her color scheme. very out of the box for me!

Here is a pic of the painting I modeled her gown after.

5 comments:

Carla said...

I love her!!! I weould love to have the pattern. I would rather do stump dolls.

Nita Butler said...

Deanna, I love your new stump doll and would be very interested it as a pattern! So many possibilities!

Nita Butler said...

OOOPPSss...I am so sorry Stephanie. I tried to rename you! So sorry! Anyways I love your new creations!

Sandi said...

Stephanie, I love your stump doll. What a great inspiration, using the dresses of the French court.

stitch4stitch textiles said...

love your stump doll. Diana