Thursday, June 3, 2010

ArtBras done and in progress


I completed another ArtBra. The working title is Flower Fairies Folly. The flower faces are clay from a pressmold. The flower petals are cut from Fabric on a Sizzix with a couple of dies including a new one by Tim Holtz from lace and sheer fabric then hit with alcolhol inks for more depth. The leaves are done the same way. The vine was also given a little more color with the Alcohol inks. The little fairies are made with pipecleaners, silk flower parts, wooden bead heads and feather hair.



I am also working on another bra inspired by a technique used to create a table top. Check it out here. Is this not awesome? Christie also has a utube tutorial on how to create these tiles. I used sticky back silver metal tape from Ed's workshop and a cuttlebug folder to make 1 1/2" tiles, sprayed them gold, added alcohol ink color, sanded the top to reveal the silver again and then added heat set crystal jewels. I covered the bra with a metallic gold lame then added spray-paint silver accents. The alcolhol inks didn't give me the amount of color I wanted, so I used Shiva Paint sticks to dull down the gold and add color highlights. Now to somehow put it together and do something with the straps!
If you would like be a sponsor for the new Calendar or have an ad in it, check out the website, http://www.artbra.org/



1 comment:

Colleen said...

Stephanie....Are you CRAZY!!! Why did you not measure me for MY bra!!! OH, I'll make it fit!! ha! Its fantastic...right up my alley!!! I knew you were so busy on some secret creative mission! I MISS YA MAN!!!! also...the tiles...how cool! so i'm thinking tiny leaves like that, dangling from a tiny fairy skirt!! Love Colleen