I am working on a prototype for a class proposal and decided I didn't have the right fabric in my stash of a gazillion batiks so I took a scrap from the Hoffman Challenge 2011 fabrics, some Ranger Adirondack and Perfect Pearls sprays, distress Stains, and a stencil and started to play. First, I needed to soften the shade of green so I used Old Paper, Tea Stain, and Vintage Photo Distress Stains. Wet the fabric, dabbed the stains on a Craft Sheet and then mushed (technical term) the fabric in it. Squeezed the fabric, added more water and stains until the fabric was totally covered. Ironed it dry. The color was perfect. Then because I have a problem cleaning my workspace as I should (BAD habit - I clean my work table only when I am desparate or expecting company!) and I couldn't find the stencil I wanted to used but did find the one I use when doing eyes, I did some spraying to add more interest. I turned the stencil over and dabbed the excess on the fabric too - loved how it blotched and created a reverse image. Sprayed lots of Perfect Pearls mists to give the fabric that diamond dust look. When I was done, I gave it a light coating of Clear Krylon spray to make sure it was permenant. Love the look! And it was so easy and quick with these products - no dyes, lots of highs and lows of the colors. Next I may have to try it with a real stencil if I can find mine.