Tuesday, November 5, 2013
I have finished her hat, lorgnettes and fan. She also now fas hair. As I was getting ready to set har in the base, I realizes I had to redrillthe holes since she is not going to be holding a walking stick or parasol. Grrrrr! I already finished the base so had to fill holes with putty and repaint. Don't you love waiting for paint to dry? And this finish requires 5 separate layers- base coat, crackle medium,top color coat, clear crackle finish for more texture, and a finishing clear varnish. So, here are some pics of her accoutrements. First pic is all three. Her fan is brass filigree discs cut spare and reassembled with a gear handle, her lorgnettes are gears wired together though I think I will make the handle shorter and add a chain for her wrist. The hat started as a black felt bowler. First I made it to match the lace but decided it needed to be dark like fer corset. Another lesson in watching paint dry! Then I had the feathers and clock attached but forget the wire springs! But she will be done TODAY!
Posted by Stephanie at 11:15 AM