Saturday, April 19, 2014

Scrapbook Show Toys

Last Saturday I went to the Scrapbook show in Oaks Pa.  Of course I bought some Sizzix dies and I also got some bezels with glass pieces that fit in them.  I was playing with one and wanted to try a piece of water color paper I created on my Gelli Plate.  I colored the bezel with Gilders Paste.  Here are pics of the bezel and the parts.  First is on the paper with the completed bezel, second is the back so you can see what a difference the gilders paste makes!  I did paint the inside of the bezel and the top rim with Viva Decor Precious Gold Blackberry.



I also bought a Sizzix insert die (half price) for the Bigz XL pop-up card base.  I needed a card for a bridal shower, so made this.  Went together pretty quickly too!  The Forever is floating thanks to a piece of thick clear packaging plastic. I used purchased patterned paper which was perfect!  The flower print fell perfectly at the bottom front of the card.  I had to put the writing sideways inside, but I have since stamped and embossed Congratulations on the card bottom in the correct direction. The hearts and floral border are Martha Stewart punches.  Also used one of her flower punches for the flower layers, the tiny center flowers and the ones on the cover are from a Fiskars punch.  Lots of lovely little pearls in a very vintage beige I also got at the show.  Haven't had much creative time these days.  Been working on my Hoffman Doll.  Lots of sketches, none I'm loving.




2 comments:

Northbrook Designs said...

Lovely job of your cards Stephanie. Perhaps the problem with your Hoffman sketches is a sign that maybe you don't really want to do it to begin with.....lol I hope that sorts itself out soon, Romona

Judys Lace Creations said...

Love these trinkets.Your pop up card is gorgeous!!