Sunday, November 2, 2014

New Book

A few months back I purchased a new Sizzix die that cut out a small album cover from chip board.  I made one with collaged book pages and napkin butterflies.  I have finally used the cover to create a pop-up book.  I have always wanted to make one!  
Front and back Covers.  The rayon dyed ribbon is from Ribbonsmythe.  The cover was described in a previous post.  The letters are cut from a Sizzix alphabetical die.
The inside cover.  The quotes are from a stamp set from Stamp Camp.  The pages are watercolor paper, stenciled and colored with various inks. The butterfly ribbon is cut from Vellum with a Martha Stewart punch.  The butterfly is a Cuttlebug die.

The first Popup page.  I wanted it to rise when the page was opened but not too much.  The cutouts are textiva film. The bottom die cut is Spellbinders The Gilded Life.


A between page.  The large butterfly and word are cut from vellum and embossed, Sizzix Tim Holtz dies.  The small butterflies are also from a Sizzix original die.  The smaller butterflies around the word are a Martha Stewart Punch.
 
This popup was adapted from a video I saw on Faceboo, I added the butterflies flying out of the flowers.k.  The butterlies are from various punches.  The little paperdolls are a Dienamics Die.

Another between page with another velum butterfly (Sizzix) and word.


I got the idea for this pop-up from the coin envelope book I made a while ago.  If I were to do it again, and I probably will!- I would ink the inside of the embossed butterfly and put the decorative side of the backing shape facing forward.  The butterflies were cut from a Sizzix Tim Holtz die.  I cut 5 and cut them down in size which probably wasn't necessary, but it works.
Inside Back cover, more vellum and punches.  Just need to sign it now.

5 comments:

The Sparkly Fairy said...

Wow! This is absolutely stunning!

Alison said...

What a lovely book. I follow your blog and wish I live nearer!
Alison

Shashi Nayagam said...

Beautiful book I like the page with lots of butterflies in it. I seems as though they are about to take flight

mamablitger said...

Oh Stephanie. Your book is awesome. Love all the fab butterflies.vthey are so different but beautiful in each their own way. Thank you for sharing.
Hugs from Monica... Spain

Lisa H said...

that is so cool!! I love all the popping butterflies. =)