I think they came out pretty cute. I used different trims on all of them and dyed some to match. Now that the arms and legs are done, they need to be attached to the body. So here they are, this is 4 days work so far. Today I am going to work on the heads and faces.
I recently was contacted by the Brisbane City Youth Ballet to make dolls for their September performance of the NutCracker. Take a look at their website, their productions are stunning. I am truly honored I was asked to create dolls for this performance as their costuming and staging is impecable. Six of the dolls are Rag Dolls and considering the time line and the distance they have to travel, I started immediately. I am using my Ragalia pattern and have made no changes in the basic doll. I started with the arms to get the hands done first. Then I moved on to the lets. I had to dye some of the fabrics to blend with the color scheme because I just couldn't find the exact ones I wanted to fit the colorways they chose. Next of course was the shoes. First a coat of paint. Next the embellishments which are all sewed on - no glue here. I want to make sure they survive many performances.