Friday, September 10, 2010

Card House is Done!

Here it is - done. In case you don't notice, I remade the garage side wider so I could get the two garage doors there. I think it's a fairly accurate image of their house - as accurate as you can get with foam-core, ribbon, and silk. I added a little sparkle to the roof and flowers. I purchase those deep purple mums months ago and when I was ready to add them, I couldn't find them! Of course they were where they belonged - in a large vase in my MILs room I keep all my future use flowers in (and also buys I couldn't pass up!) Here are side views. I think the gable roofs came out OK. The ivy leaves around the base were lightly sprayed with gold and silver metallic paint. The vines are the same ones I used on Katie's house. They started life as a wreath from AC Moore's Clearance Aisle. I'm glad I bought 2!

3 comments:

Wickedly Divine Creations said...

That is awesome! Looks fantastic. I love it :)You are very clever

Colleen said...

Woah! Fantastic! Those flowers all around the bootom...look too real.....Very cool thing you have done here!!!! Colleen

Shashi Nayagam said...

It is beautiful. I would love to live in it!