Mike and Michelle's wedding was beautiful. They loved the house and I must admit it did look good sitting there. I also discovered I need a purse to go with my dress which was a soft muted grey-purple. I have been playing with making roses out of paper so I got the idea to make one to put on the front of my purse. The body is purple lame with black burnout velvet over it. The color of the flower matches my dress perfectly. The center of the flower is a vintage rhinestone button from my collection. I am really pleased with how it turned out. Got lots of compliments too!
A friend Mary and I went galavanting a few weeks ago and stopped at a quilt shop. They had a purse made up that caught my eye - I like the design. Looked like it was made from only 2 pattern pieces that formed the bottom and sides. It was cute but a little too large for me but I thought I could design my own to suit my needs. I had a lot of upolstery pieces given to me so thought I would play. Here are the results. I made the flowers from pieces of leather from old belts and other sources. The pink flowers are construction paper fabric! Love the stuff. It's a fun purse to carry. I think I am going to make another from some cotton fabrics that have been waiting for just the right project. I am going to incorporate the flap into the back so it won't be a separate piece.
Yesterday was my grandson Jake's Christening. It was a wonderful ceremony and a fun family dinner followed. I really wanted to make his outfit but wound up buying one - size 9-12 mos that JUST fit. He is 27" long and almost 20 lbs already - and just 5 months old. He is going to be tall like his father. I'll have some pics later. Here is the card I made for him using my Cricut and the shoe files created by Nancy, here is a link. She makes beautiful cards. The scalloped background I created. It was embossed with a Cuttlebug folder and colored with Adirondack ink pads.