Monday, December 12, 2011

Last of the Twelve Days

I finished all the tags.  They were fun to work on and tried lots new techniques.  Day 11 included Shrink Plastic dipped in UTEE.  I did stars which worked OK except for one that curled and I couldn't flatten it out.  I had better control when I shrank it first then melted UTEE on it.  This card is almost all recycled.  The background paper is glossy stock from an old card (had to try a few before I found one with the right finish to accept the alcolhol inks), the Santa is cut from a card and the words are printed on recycled cardstock. The snowflakes on the bottom were also cut from an old card.  Day 12 was over the top!  Tim used a repro frozen charlotte (small broken porcelin doll) on his.  I was a bit more conservative.  He also used his tissue paper which I don't have but created my own with white tissue and stamping with a reflections stamp and archival ink on the dull side.  Worked great though I need to get some black - I used coffee colored ink.

I also revisited a few cards I wasn't happy with.  Day 10 needed a little pop so I added red perfect pearls mica powder to the ornament and that made a big difference.  Day 3 I changed the "charm" on the bottom to a smaller facet so it isn't so overpowering.  Like it better.  Now that these are done - I need to get to work finishing my regular cards and making an ornament for our doll club meeting on Friday for our ornament exchange.  We are working with clothes pins as a base.

4 comments:

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

So cool! Love Santa in the balloon, and the ornaments are fabulous!

Virginia Nebel said...

Beautiful tag, love the rickety house on the #12!

Karen said...

You've a fabulous lot of cards from following the tag ideas: Great substitutions! I love how you've used the house with wings on top in place of the Charlotte doll.

Marjie Kemper said...

Your stars are great! Love Santa in the hot air balloon... what a fun spin on this one!