Sunday, July 22, 2012

Necklace Class

I attended some classes at CREATE in NJ this week.  One of the classes (took it yesterday) was a Bits and Baubles necklace class with Jean Van Brederode.  We made components from metal and joined them together with rivits, eyelets, or mini fasteners.  I really enjoyed this class.  Since I can't use some of the patina stuff because of allergies, I brought my Gilder's paste to add color.  LOVE that stuff!!!  Jean supplied almost everything else - all the metal, charms, tools for those of us who didn't have the right ones, fasteners, etc, etc.  Luckily, my good friend Tery also attended the class and she is a Jewelry maker extradinaire so she had lots of tools.  Jean also did an enameling demo and making head pins with a torch.  I stayed away from the fire-not a good thing for me to be around!  The pale green beads are Jade which I had in my stash (think my friend Jeannie got them at a yard sale) and also the metal discs they are set in.  They were gold but what a wonder a little Gilder's paste can do!  The tassel and other beads are also from my stash as is the chain and toggle.  So, here is my necklace.  I am thinking of removing the last two motifs and making them into earings.  Unfortunetly because of my neck, I can't wear heavy necklaces, but I am sure I can find a home for it.

No comments: