Tim Holtz (http://www.timholtz.com) has a challenge on his blog to use the tattered floral die. Since this is one of my favorites and i have bags of precut fabrics (what else do you do with scraps????) I decided to make something. My friend at the Artsy Soul, (http://www.theartsysoul.com) has some fabulous new charms and such so I thought I would incorporate them into a little "doll" for the cover. I started with a premade journal from the cheapie bins at Michaels. I made a cover with muslin and stained it with Distress Stains. Cut out a bunch of letters with Sizzix (Tim Holtz alterations) Word Play die from chipboard covered with old book pages. After glueing them down to the muslin, coloring the words with distress stain and the rest of the letters with Tea Stain, I covered the whole thing with Clear Tacky glue (used half a bottle just for the front!) to try and even out the spaces. After the glue dried (within a few hours) I covered the whole thing with Distress Rock Candy Crackle paint with a few drops of Vintage Photo reinker added. I wanted the whole thing to look like it was shellacked. I went over the words with Distress Markers and a little Inca Gold Gilders paste. I colored the page edges with Distress Stain in olive then Tea Stain.