Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Rust Book 1

The 
One of the classes I am teaching at AFICC in Cinncinatti in 2017 is a book made from vintage pillowcases.  My MIL had quite a supply of these packed away.  They are made from heavy cotton and embellished with crochet designs.  To give the pages some interest, I decided to try rust!  Here are my pages after rusting and before embellishing.
Covers.  My mother graces the back cover.
Pages, not in order.
The Mandela is made with hand cut leaves, the tree is embossing paste through a stencil on silk.  Sheer die cut leaves.

Die cut teacups, teapot made from eyelet and ribbon.  Picture is a flea market pin and brass filagree.
Basket is needlepunch done years ago as were the cloth beads.
Frayed fabric flowers. Button centers with decals to add design.
Silk ribbon wreath originally a class sample.  Crocheted medallions from Grandmothers table topper.




No comments: