Thursday, June 8, 2017

Projects in process

I started this doll as a class sample to shoe how I combined the vintage linens and also demo the cloth over clay over cloth head.  It appears since she is dressed in blue she must be Alice. I built her a chair from a plastic jar of sorts.  Covered it in some scraps from one of my tree dolls and added a branch from my yard.  Leaves are sheer fabrics and others cut from a plastic odd bottle and embossed.  She still needs a rabbit, a top hat and maybe a caterpillar.

I also started another cloth book.  I sketched out the pages a few days ago after I finished the Fairy Book.  The subject of this book will be the Sun and will actually contain words I think.  Today I created the pages using a vintage cotton percale pillow case and gelatos.  They colors are wonderful and they are drying with interesting textures.  I like that I can go back and add spritches of water and the color will move again.  Wanted to simulate the sky at different times of the day. Here are the pages.  I made some extra because I do that!

No comments: