Saturday, April 28, 2007

Using my Head--one of them


I wanted to see how one of the clay heads actually gets attached to a doll etc. so I decided to work with Sherry Goshon's Blossom Pattern which I purchased with the Chantal mold. I used a woven for the body though the pattern called for doe suede and skipped the bust sculpting. I also decided to make her a wall doll so left off the legs. She is still a work in progress--needs sleeves and embellishments--I plan to sew lots of flower sequins on her overskirt. Her hat is the one Noira didn't like reworked. Her hair is wool roving I curled. I got this at a quilt show and the colors are wonderful. Hope to finish her tomorrow. The skirt fabric and overskirt "trim" is leftover from the 2006 Hoffman Challenge.

2 comments:

Allison Ann Aller said...

Oh, but I love her bare arms!
She is such a demure summer doll....

Sherry Goshon ODACA said...

you did a lovely job...she is beautiful...