Friday, June 8, 2007

Taking and Giving---Classes

Last week was our class with Marilyn Halcomb from Australia. We had a wonderful time and learned ALOT from a very talented dollmaker. We even got in a little bead shopping! We made Grandma's Flying Lesson (in my case, Grand Auntie's Flying Lesson). She has a skin over face which is a wonderful technique I wish I could do better. Unfortunately, I didn't pick the correct fabric which should have been a 2-way stretch--mine was a 1 way, so the body parts are a little skewed. The first head came out too big, the second head was OK, but not quite the right expression, but the third head is it even if it did take me 7 hours! Yikes! But the doll is done and ready to be gifted to my nephew & wife and new Baby Boy David Jeffrey.

End of Day One. Heads, bodys and most legs were done. Did I mention this doll is anatomically correct? She has a lovely bossom, rear and belly button! Mariyn sitting in the turquoise shirt is holding the class sample.
End of Day 2. Diamond was a big help!


Here is my doll before Arms and a bodice and completed with Jeffrey David.



















Then, on Sunday I headed up to Connecticut with fellow doll maker Diane to teach a class on face painting using my favorites, Portfolio Water Soluble Oil Pastels. They were a wonderful group of very talented ladies and all their faces were just great! Thanks for the opportunity.

3 comments:

allie aller said...

You must be ready to catch your breath after all of this!
Your doll with her baby is just so evocative...of the Maternal Goddess! And I loved seeing the pictures of the happy group of ladies with their creations. What a wonderful spirit must have arisen amongst you all..

Nice to have you back here, too!

Shashi Nayagam said...

What a wonderful doll awesome!! I can see you had a lovely time in the class. Great work.

Clothmatters said...

Looks like everyone had a marvelous time taking the doll class.