I finished a project I been mulling about for quite a while. It is a Silk Ribbon Embroidery Book. It started out with 10 pages grouped by stitches depicting floral bouquets. I got the idea from the beautiful floral bouquets on Judith Green's blog, but ended with 6 pages - 2 covers, 3 seasonal landscapes and a page of roses. Here is the front cover, which I did first but looking back, I think I should have waited until the inner pages were done so I could have repeated more of the flowers. The book is done on a soft shade of celedon green dupioni. I used 2mm, 4mm, 7mm and 13mm hand dyed silk ribbon. I also dyed the lace borders.
This is the spring page. The flowers here are Hollyhock, daffodil, tulips, and hyacinth.
Autumn page with spider mums, cat tails, goldenrod, and Zinnea.
I am going to send this out for a 4 day class proposal. Here is the back cover. I burned the silk for all the titles and stitched them down with french knots in metallic thread. I tried to keep it simple using the most common stitches so it could be completed in a reasonable amount of time. Still it took me about 5 days but I kept changing the design as I went along. The whole book is finished with a blanket stitch. I think I would prefer a palastrina knot or knotted blanket stitch to add a little texture to the edge. I made 2 class proposals for the 2009 EGA Metro Regional Conference and this is the one that wasn't accepted. A CQ doll was!! Will post pics of that later.
Have to post a pic of my little darling Diamond. Here she is in her New Year's outfit--our theme at this year's party was Tropical. She is sitting next to a hostess gift we received. I can't believe it will be 1 year on January 17th since we adopted her. She has brought us such joy! That's her in her Halloween Witch's Costume in the pic. She'll do just about anything for a treat and a belly rub.