Saturday, December 22, 2007

Healing Quilt Block Close-ups




I mentioned I would post pics of some of the exceptional work on the Healing Quilt. Of course this is just my humble opinion, but I really love these elements. This is a block by Vickie Brown (http://www.ribbonsmyth.com/) I love the silk ribbon sprays and went gaga ove the meandering ric-rac with the SRE and fiber embellishments.



This is a portion of the block done by Rengin in Turkey. She used quite a few different types of Oyas (Turkish needle lace). I love the colors she chose and the juxtaposition of the old art with the new.






















This is part of Linda's Block. She added the Cabachon face circled with beads. I love the little tassel she added and the underlying single wing.










This is a portion of Leslie's block. I just fell in love with the colors of this motif and all the beading she did on it. I also love the beaded fringe she added on the trim below it. I have that trim--never thought to add a fringe to it!







This is the center of Jule's block which became the center of the quilt. The embellishment of the graphic is really insired. So elegant and understated.















This graphic is on the block by Barbara--another master at embellishing graphics, SRE and beading. I love the cord she added around the graphic. It's made with a string of beads and a few different fibers. I'm guessing she did it on the Diva cord Maker. Just stunning!

















I wasn't going to put up a tree this year--infact, I loaned my large, pre-lit tree to my Step-son and his wife. But my DH said it wouldn't feel like Christmas, so I relented and put up the small tree which used to be my Mickey Mouse tree. I didn't feel like using a Snow White or Minnie tree topper so I made an angel from my Dream Girls Pattern--just didn't do the tissue paper step or attach a base. The body from just below the waist is a Papertowel tube. Don't know how long it'll last, but it does look pretty!
Now if I could only find those ornies I bought on our trip down south in 2006!!!!! I try to get an ornie from our travels.

I do want to wish everyone a stress-free, happy, safe, and loving holiday.

No comments: