Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Three Done - One to Go






Today I finished the Spring Witch. Now the only one I have left is the Summer Witch. I am going to think about her for awhile. It is so cold here, I can't seem to think of things summer. Here she is in her tree.
I think she looks very sweet and I seem to be on a green kick lately. Maybe because I am debating on what shade of green to paint my bedroom! All the trims - the leaves and the trim on her skirt came from http://www.ribbonsmyth.com I also colored the lace flowers and trims with the silk and rayon dyes from there. They are so easy to use and I love the colors. I wanted her to look a little etheral and pale.



Since I get lots of question about how I do my faces, I put together this little mosaic. I tried to get a pic at each step, but the ones I took of the sculpting were too blurry to print. Though the colors in the pics are different, it is the same head. In the end, I did make her eyes and lips a little longer than those drawn features. She definetly looks better with her hair and warts.

Thanks to all of you who commented on my new Mermaid. I'm thinking of doing her in another colorway. I have quite a few of those wonderful burnout sheers in my stash but that will have to wait until I finish an EGA project I have been working on - and missed the deadline! It is a stumpwork piece that I just love so I really do want to finish it.

8 comments:

Carla said...

Such a beautiful doll as all your dolls are. I love seeing the progress of the face. How do you get rid of the pencil lines from the beginning?

Heera said...

Your witches are beautiful Stephanie. I love them all. And I do love your face painting process. Thanks for sharing.

hugs...heera

Clothmatters said...

Stephanie- Your dolls are always magnificent! I like the painting process your shared. Well done with both!
Connie

Teresa said...

Stephanie- I just found your blog! I've been reading back through several months and really enjoyed it. Your dolls are FABULOUS!!!

Glad to see you still busy with your needle- you always did such gorgeous work!

Colleen Colquhoun Athens said...

Stephanie...this picture really shows this doll looking very "human" like...ha! beautiful..really. And the tutorial is a nice touch to your blog...its very inspiring...i would like to do something like that on my blog...hmmm..maybe next year!!! hahaha love colleen

Susan said...

Enchanting witch......and thanks for including the photos on detailing her face.
It's interesting to see her come to life with color.

Tina Marie the Willow Witch said...

This is my first visit to your blog and I am just blown away by your talent and the dolls are breath taking! I cant wait to see what you do next.

Stefania Morgante said...

brava! I love the progress of your dolls and your style, brava! I want to follow your blog, but I don't see the space for it, can you help me? ciao from Italy