Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year and Exchange Dolls

Thanks to those who commented to my previous post. We always have such a great time at our Holiday party. Unfortunately, the weather didn't cooperate so it will continue next month so those who weren't present can exchange. Hope everyone had a glorious New Year. We canceled our party and stayed home because my MIL has Pneumonia. Fortunately it was only a mild case caught early and she is on her way to a full recovery. Here's hoping 2009 will be a healthier year!
I am going to post pics of the Exchange dolls I received in the past 2 years. This year and last I was the lucky recipient of Maria's dolls. She makes the most fabulous dolls and her sculpts are just amazing. The doll she did last year (from Sherry Goshon's free elf pattern) makes me smile. She sculpted the head of course. She is wearing a fur trimmed cape and is skiing on icicles. Here she is with and without her cloak.
This year we used Judi Ward's free "Sisters" pattern and again I drew Maria's name! Here is the adorable doll with those awesome clay shoes she made, front and back.










Last year I also exchanged with my other dolls club, the SewSew. I made the accordian fold book for Colleen and I received this breathtaking doll from Evelyn. She is so beautiful, she brought me to tears!





Here is a pic of the entire doll I made for this year's swap. Thanks Judi for a really sweet pattern. Some of the ladies couldn't attend the meeting due to weather, so there will be a few more swaps this month.


I brought muffins to our little holiday party. I try to make them healthy and sugar free as my DH has to watch his sugar. I was asked for the recipe, so here it is!

Fruit Muffins
2 Cups flour preferably white whole wheat or half white half whole wheat
1 Tablespoon baking powder (if you want to make your own,for one teaspoon baking powder mix 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar plus 1/4 teaspoon baking soda. One Tablespoon = 3 teaspoons)
1/3 c ground flax seed (optional)
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
10 oz can pineapple crushed or chunk in its own juice
Milk or Orange Juice
1 c. blueberries (can also substitute apple, pear or peaches chopped in 1/4" cubes)
3 Tablespoons canola or light olive oil or 4 oz unsweetened applesauce
2 Tablespoons sugar (optional)
1/2 teasp vanilla, lemon, orange or almond extract
1 Tablespoon fresh lemon or orange rind (optional)
1 teasp spice such as cinnamon, cardoman, ginger, alspice, nutmeg, or chai spice (optional)
1/2 cup chopped pecans, walnuts, or almonds (optional)

Preheat oven to 375d. Prepare regular size muffin tin by spraying with no stick spray or lining with cupcake papers.
Mix together dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, flax seed, salt, spices).
Drain the pineapple very well and set aside juice in a 2 c measuring cup. Add Orange Juice or Milk to equal 1 cup. Add apple sauce or oil, egg and extract and beat lightly with a fork. Stir pineapple and blueberries into flour then add liquid ingredients and stir just until all dry ingredients are moist. Spoon into muffin tins (should make 12). Sprinkle nuts over tops. Bake for 20 -25 minutes until lightly browned. Remove from oven and remove from pan and place on cooling rack. Enjoy!


Last but not least, I have finally decided on a domain name and have created a website. Please take a peek, http://www.novasblossoms.com/ Thanks!

2 comments:

Cindy Ribet said...

Hi Stephanie! I haven't been to your blog in a while and so it was such a treat to see the new dolls and the things you have been doing. I wish I was in a doll club with fun swaps like yours! what wonderful dolls.

Colleen Colquhoun Athens said...

wow...that was so nice to see both last years dolls and this years! They are so inspiring..The Energy when you do a swap like that is indescribable...cant wait till ours!!! now ...how did you get Maria's dolls 2 years in a row? hmmmm??! love Colleen