First, thanks all for your wonderful comments on the doll and the new head. I figure if I recycle I can also replace (read shop!).
I have been working on a new class and just finished the head which again starts with a reject head. This head was one of 5 I made for my Hoffman Challenge doll, Ms. Peacock. The first head which I think was the best, was too small. Duh! This head had too short a nose and it was too turned up. Just wasn't happy with it. I am using polymer clay to build out the features. I wanted him to look old and sad/forlorn. Had trouble with the sketch, but I think the head came out OK. I'm including a process pic - half way in the sculpting process. I really like using the clay for a face like this - with exagerated features and deep creases. I find it easier to do than with just a fabric head including a stretchy fabric such as doe skin. I used a cotton/lycra blend slightly heavier than t-shirt knit. It is also a 4 way stretch fabric. I was foretunate to find this online at a clearance sale on fabric.com and it came in this color. I haven't seen it since. The fabric I used on the previous cloth over head is another 4way stretch knit I found at a shop in Pennsylvania that buys out manufacturers and stores. It is applied wrong side out as the right side has a sprinkling of glitter on it. It also started life as white but since it was 95% cotton/5% lycra, it dyed great.
Well, that's 3 of those Ms. Peacock heads down, 1 to go. I used one on the final doll and gave it a cloth over with inset eyes. The too small head I will find a use for!