Sunday, January 16, 2011

Hats


Something else I have completed in the past week are two hats for me of course! It has been so cold here and my daily coat doesn't have a hood so I decided I needed a cloche with a flower on the side. I was going to knit it, but decided crochet would be quicker and probably warmer. So, I used yarn I had on hand and improvised. Made the white one first, then the black since my coat is black. And boy are they warm! Te black one is a fuzzy yarn and a metallic yarn. The woven ribbons are crocheted with metallic yarn as is the flower. The white one is a fuzzy yarn and the flower and ribbon are ribbon yarn. I guess I should have written down the directions as I did them but each yarn worked up differently. They are both double crochet throughout.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Your hats are cute and look easy to make ,I love the flowers you crocheted for them, they also look very warm.

Beth said...

Great looking hats! I love that they are crochet; my favorite medium :-)

Beth

Colleen Colquhoun Athens said...

steph...you can do just about anything....cant you!?? They are very pretty and I especially like the black one...of course you could not just "crochete a hat"! you did a wearable work of art!!! you better make diamond a coat to match....YEA!!! how cool would that be? Love Colleen