Friday, June 24, 2011

Off with her head!!!!!

When I originally made the Red Queen, I experimented with sculpting and cloth over.  I really never was very happy with the face - her nose was too big, her eyes too slanted so I decided to do another.  I took pics as I was doing it as I think I may put her out as a pattern.  So here is the after and before and a pic of the whole doll.  I reused her hair and eyelashes though I see her one needs to be adjusted.  I have been staring at this doll hating her face for weeks now that she is sitting in my studio.  Now  I am happy with her.
Watch for information on Day with Dolls to be held August 13, in Boonton New Jersey.  Hope to see lots of dollmakers there.  We always have such a wonderful time.  Flyer coming soon!

6 comments:

bubbygigi said...

Wow, your doll is magnificent. I live in South Jersey and would love to attend A Day With Dolls. Please e-mail me the information if possible.
Thank you in advance.
Gita
quiltnb@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

OFF WITH HER HEAD! How appropriate...lol. The new head is so much better. She is simply fantastical!!! I live in Philadelphia, would love to attend the Day with Dolls...

hugz

Hanni said...

Wow, she is gorgeous! I really love her face. You did a wonderful job!

Trudie Averett said...

She is delightful! I have to smile when I see her. Great job!

Peaceful Parallel said...

wonerful doll! don't we all wish we had eyelashes like hers!

Karen Mallory said...

I love this head!! She looks lots more confident as a queen should!! :)
hugs Karen