Monday, May 26, 2014

Mr. Cat's Dog is done!

I needle felted the original dog and decided that wouldn't do for the pattern, so I used him to make a pattern and then created him out of a low pile fur fabric.  All hand sewn.  Now I need to make the smaller size and proof it.  Here is a pic of the two of them together.











I also took a small break and did a clay over on a reject Style head.  Not sure what I am going to do with her yet.  Just have her features sketched in.I should have flattened the nose, the head was sculpted, so I didn't have to use it as a base, then I could have made the nose narrower.  But Color will make a BIG difference!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Memorial Day.  We are remembering our family members we lost recently who were veterans - My uncle who landed at Normandy especially.  We thank those who are currently serving too.

1 comment:

Karen Mallory said...

Nice dog Stephanie! I like them both. The face on the rejected head kind of reminds me of Alice in Wonderland.