The leaves were cut out with my Big Kick Machine. I attached fusible web to the silk before I put it through the machine then ironed the leaves to the border. To make sure they stayed, I did a blanket stitch with gold metallic thread around each one by machine.I wasn't all that happy with the way the tree turned out--it didn't pop enough. I fixed this by coloring the patches around the tree to make them darker and add more contrast. I also added a layer of scattered gold silver lined bugle beads over the trunk. Much better.
The green leaf trim was attached with silver lined green seed beads. The hand dyed flower trim around the outside of the fans was sewed on with crystals in the centers of all the flowers. I also added the gold metallic cord between the quilt and the border. It add just enough in my humble opinion, Now I need to finish a doll for a fundraiser auction at the memorial--monies to go to Dino's Memorial Scholarship.