Thursday, July 10, 2008

Possible Class????



Not sure if anyone out there would be interested in a class on making a doll from a tree branch. The top part including the arms is collage fabric. The leaves are free-motion stitched (but can also be done with dimensional paint) then cut from sheer fabrics using a heat tool, applied to branches made from silver wire and embellished with a variety of beads--on this doll I used pale blue quartz, labradorite, crystals, fire polished beads and beautiful hand made glass icicles from http://www.myglassgarden.com/.
The face was done with fabric over paperclay over fabric.




Would anyone be interested in a class? It would be more of technique than actually following a distinct pattern since it all starts with the tree branch and no two of them are alike. Of course there are guidelines for choosing your branch, but making it into a doll and creating the head are the same.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is too cool!

Northbrook Designs said...

Hi Stephanie, Yes of course, anything new to learn is always welcome.. Romona

Jo in NZ said...

If I had time (ie no children),
energy (ie no housework) and resources (ie more money)This is definitely something I would be interested in
:)

Judi W. said...

I think this is a wonderful piece! I'd love to see it as a class.

Karen Mallory said...

It would make a really cool class!
I have given you a blog award. Stop by my blog to pick it up!
hugs Karen
http://karensdollsandstuff.blogspot.com/

Designs by Kat Lees said...

Surprise,I have nominated you for a Brilliant Weblog award. Check out my blog for more info.
Designs By Kat Lees here

Amy Munson said...

She is wonder creative and unique. The face is supurb, in a day when I see way too many copies of the Patty Culea style face this one certainly stands out.

Shashi Nayagam said...

I don't often comment on your blog but I visit it often as I find it so creative and inspiring. So I have given you an award please check out my blog.

Hobbygirl Dolls said...

I would love to see this as a class.