Sunday, May 29, 2011

OH OH!

Just found out the Distress Stains are not waterproof. See what happens when you don't do your homework and try to take the quick path??? I don't think she will get wet, but even a little humidity may make them run if they aren't sealed and I can't seal her hair so she is bald again while I dye some other wool.  My dear friend Colleen gave me some beautiful long locks.  I don't know where she got them, but they are soooo soft.  I mixed some dyes and think I got the perfect color.  It is drying now and wool always drys so much lighter, so this may be a many step process.  Think I will pull the Stained wool apart and wet felt.
Gives me time to work on a Journal Round Robin I am in on the All Things Tim (Holtz) Yahoo group.  Here are some pics of the journal I created (more like a chunky book). My theme is "No Place Like Home"  and I have asked the 4 other participants to create "rooms" in my home.  I created the first room, the royal Hattery with some quotes, the second one by Shirley McClaine.  I received a journal with "The Animals We Love" theme.  Guess who is going to be the star of my page - Diamond Dog of course!
Front and back covers.  Quote on back cover is from Alice in Wonderland.
The Royal Hattery.  Don't know who the quote is from, no name was given.
This is the quote from Shirly McClaine.

No comments: