Sunday, May 29, 2011

Hair Today and Hopefully not Gone Tomorrow

She has new hair.  I dyed it with Procion dye, nuked it, added highlights with Dynaflow, nuked it again, then dried it with my heat tool.  This is the hair from my friend Colleen and I love it.  The strands are very soft and long with just enough curl though it is hard to keep it in after wetting it without setting it.  I did curl some strands for around the face by wrapping them on a knitting needle and spraying them.  Very happy with the color.  Mixed Turquoise, Cerise, and Black.  The highlights are Violet.  This hair styled better too.  She reminds me of a Jersey Girl (big hair) version of Beatrix LeStrange from Harry Potter.  Can't wait to see the last movie!  I am going to take a break from her costume - lots of beading planned and I have to make another dozen of those small thread flowers.  Now on to the journal.

7 comments:

Judi W. said...

Gorgeous - as usual :)

Unknown said...

Oh yeah!!! beautiful purple hair...

bubbygigi said...

The face and hair are just fabulous!
Gita

Becky said...

She is beautiful. Could you not seal the distress stained hair with hair spray as the sealent?

ruthanne said...

Love that hair! But of course, I love everything you do.

Julie said...

You still do amazing work! I am glad you were able to fix the hair - I know how it feels when something goes crazy on you.

Hope all is well with family - and of course, your adorable puppy.

Colleen Colquhoun Athens said...

Shes just beautiful...A real Live Girl! with those eyes! Love her hair....the hairdo is perfect!