Thursday, March 15, 2012

New Ipod cases

I have the pattern done so I made two more cases this time in fabric with lots of beading.  I also tucked the top flap in the case and secured with velcro.  I added a pin closure to the back.  The original made Chotski pin makes big holes.  The purple has twisted #3 bugles around the clear plastic opening - not a good idea but a learning experience.  It is beaded with Chech Bicones, flowers and #11 charlottes.  The copper which is my favorite so far is beaded with #13 real copper charlottes around the opening though they were very small and I had lots of trouble getting the needle (also a sizd 13!) through each bead twice.  The pearls are real, dyed.  the small round beads are Goldstone (I think that's what it is called - it is sort of rust colored and looks like it has glitter in it).  The border is #11 Copper beads and #8 Hex in an AB finish.  The flower and leaves are from Tim Holtz's Idealogy collection.  The leaves were colored with Copper Gilders Paste.  The flower was embossed with Ranger Copper Embossing powder then copper Stickles with a flower bead in the center.  I also hand blanket stitched with Krienik metallic #8 braid around the entire thing.  Waste of time - machine stitching would have worked just as well with all the beading.  Next one I am going to try a round opening.  Then I will put a few in my etsy shop.

1 comment:

Allan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.