Friday, March 23, 2012

The Sun Queen

I made another version of Forever Bella, changing the colors and fabrics a bit, but essentially the same doll.  I made her head piece with a mold and Ultra Think Embossing Powder.  Not sure if it is going to stay on her - looks a little Lion Kingish but it was a cool process.  I should call her the Stickles Queen because I think I used every color of yellow and orange on her!  Also Diamond which I have to admit is my favorite.  Ranger makes Stickles and I find it is quick drying and love the small applicator point.  I was able to get nice swirls on her legs.  Her arms and legs were printed fabric.   And only one face so I guess I shouldn't wait months between heads - Practice Practice Practice!  her fabrics started out as white, as did her hair.  I used Jacquard paint on the sheers as the glitter on them came off with alcohol ink!  Surprisingly, the glitter on the Bella fabric didn't.  Go Figure.  Her hair was colored with Ranger Distress stains which I also used on the trims.  So now, there are four dolls, The White Witch, Forever Bella, the Red Queen, and The Sun Queen made from the same pattern with just changes in the fabric choices/colors/embellishments.

8 comments:

silverlight said...

your dolls are lovely. wish I could still sew. I used to make original cloth dolls myself. can;t anymore.
wish I could have one of yours.

silverlight said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
flyingbeader said...

Now those colors really SING to me. Love it

Robyn said...

can never have too much stickles!

Shashi Nayagam said...

She is lovely and bright with her sunshine colours.

Rhissanna said...

She's stunning! Really, really lovely. I'm going to have to get some of these stickles! Do they dry with a raised surface? Are the flexible on cloth?

Zaa said...

Brilliant and I do like the new crown (above ).... I bet she's delighted with it too.... This doll just glows with presence.... Put a smile on my face for day...Hugs

Colleen Colquhoun Athens said...

hi Stephanie...havent been on blog, so I just caught her,,,This doll's face is Spectacular....looks real!!! I love her yellow/orange outfit.....beautiful!