Sunday, November 25, 2012

Another Book Class December 6th!

A few weeks ago at the Artsy Soul, Heather showed us a book/journal insert she learned from Teri Sproul who I think adapted it from Laura Dennison (two wonderful artists).  We decided to make it into our own little book (finished size about 3 1/2" x 2 1/2") so I cut out covers for us and away we went.  I finished my book and decided to dedicate it to my little girl Diamond in celebration of her life.  This will be a fun class and would make a great stocking stuffer.  It can be personalized with small pictures (about 2" x 2" - the ones from the small poloroid would be perfect!  I arranged a bunch on a piece of cardstock and printed them out. I journaled the tags that are in each of the envelopes.  The words on top of some of them are embossed with a cuttlebug embossing folder on a Sizzix machine.  All materials will be in the kit for the plain book and the tags but we sill be embellishing them in class so bring pics and anything you may want to use to personalize it.  I chose to do the cover with paper roses, Dresden paper leaves and a picture of Diamond with her name embossed in metal.  Lots of possiblilites with this little gem.
Class Location:  The Artsy Soul, 59 North Main Street, Manahawkin, N. J. 609-549-6350
Date:  December 6, 2012, 10 - 4 with a short lunch break.
Cost:  Kit fee $10, Class fee $30

2 comments:

Nancy Gillett said...

Hi, I stumbled on your work and I am in awe! Love it! I would really like to subscribe to your blog but I can't figure out how to do it. I am hoping you know how I can do that so it comes to my email. Thanks, Nancy creativespirit63@yahoo.com

Colleen Colquhoun Athens said...

This book is so perfect...I love the size and the "chunky" feel...How its created (so creative)!!! Whatit holds inside its tiny pockets....