Thursday, October 10, 2013

Finished Journal

Finally!  Working on completing this so I could post but ran out of light yesterday - I only work in natural light - and I had to cook dinner!!!  So today, got up to work on this at 7 am, but the weather is so damp, nothing was drying without the help of an iron or heat gun.  But finally, here is the finished Journal (the peace sign is in honor of John Lennon who would have been 73 yesterday).  I like that this journal cover is fluid - I can add to it or have a guest add to it!  I was going for a NYC subway graffiti look though if I remember correctly, these tiles are more like the inside of the Lincoln Tunnel which are square.  But I think this works.  Embossed the paper with ink on the embossing folder.  Added lots of product over the covers including gel medium, crackle paint, Inca Gold Old Silver paste, and cream gilders paste. following pics show how I created this.  Hope to see you in the class on October 29th at the Artsy Soul, 59 North Main Street Manahawkin, NJ  Class size is limited to 8 students.  I am showing only one possiblility for the cover, but it is only limited by your imagination.  If you plan on attending the class, drop me an email and tell me what you have in mind so I can be sure to have embossing folders and papers that would work for you.

 
 
 
 
 
 





1 comment:

Karen Mallory said...

Great looking journal Stephanie!
I will take your word on the looking like NY graffiti as I have only seen West Coast graffiti! LOL
Love your creativity!
hugs Karen