Monday, October 21, 2013
New Doll in Progress Just Because....
I received this beautiful lace from Tammi in Michigan. She used it on her Diva doll during class in May and I must admit I lusted after it! LOL She so generously sent me a piece of it along with quite a few others that were just as pretty. I decided I needed to do a new Steampunk version of my Diva Pattern. I wanted to use Purple, Copper and Cream. I also wanted to test this fabric I purchased at Joann's. I bought a bolt (50 yds!) of Southern Belle Cream 200 ct cotton muslin. It was only available by the bolt. I have used it on the body, head, and hands (which I haven't turned yet) and so far so good. Thank goodness! 50 yds will last a long time. Here is a sketch and some of the fabrics I have pulled out for the doll. The lace from Tammi in on the lower left, with the the purple flowers. I think I'll do paperclay over on the face because I need the practice.
Posted by Stephanie at 6:48 AM