Monday, October 21, 2013

New Doll in Progress Just Because....

I received this beautiful lace from Tammi in Michigan.  She used it on her Diva doll during class in May and I must admit I lusted after it! LOL  She so generously sent me a piece of it along with quite a few others that were just as pretty.  I decided I needed to do a new Steampunk version of my Diva Pattern.  I wanted to use Purple, Copper and Cream.  I also wanted to test this fabric I purchased at Joann's.  I bought a bolt (50 yds!) of Southern Belle Cream 200 ct cotton muslin.  It was only available by the bolt.  I have used it on the body, head, and hands (which I haven't turned yet) and so far so good.  Thank goodness!  50 yds will last a long time.  Here is a sketch and some of the fabrics I have pulled out for the doll.  The lace from Tammi in on the lower left, with the the purple flowers.  I think I'll do paperclay over on the face because I need the practice.

 
 
 

6 comments:

Karen Mallory said...

Looks like she will be just as fabulous as your other dolls! Can't wait to see her finished!
hugs Karen

Shashi Nayagam said...

Can't wait to see her finished

Unknown said...

Oh, I know she will be a beauty! If that fabric works out for you, then maybe I shall also purchase some of it as well...lol! 50 yds is a good "hunk" of fabric!

hugzzz

bubbygigi said...

I can imagine what she'll look like and know that she'll be stunning. I can't wait to see her finished and ready to show herself.
Gita

Xabi said...

quedara preciosa
besos

Unknown said...

Your sketch is really interesting. Can't wait to see how it translates into the finished doll. Doll Cherie