Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Look what they did!

I recently released Madame LeChat--a pattern a dear friend Diane asked (read gently harrassed!) me to get done. Thanks Diane for the gently nudge! She got her copy and to my delight--and her daughter's--ran with it. Here are pics of her version, Bonnie, Madame LeChat. I adore the colors and the fabrics she used. The textures are wonderful.















I also received an email from one of my students who attended my online class, Neptune's Daughters, offered by http://www.fabricaddictions.com/ Here are pics of her Pearl mermaid. I love the way she glows. Great job Chikki! Thank you ladies for sharing.
I have been busy prepping my studio for a little "play" date with some friends this weekend. I did find time to make this little mermaid (She was a commission). The original is on my Mermaid Purse and since I just couldn't sell it, I agreed to make a mermaid. She is about 7" from the tip of her head to her flukes. Her tail is foiled and beaded. The shell sequins are from http://www.ccartwright.com/ NAYY but I LOVE their selections.

I also want to thank everyone who commented on my Butterfly block. I am currently working on the memorial quilt made using ties from a dear friend who passed away a few years ago. It is a gift to his wife and will be finished (I hope!) in time for a memorial to be held in May.

4 comments:

Grangry said...

How lovely, to see what people made of your patterns! And your mermaid is gorgeous, I especially love her tail.

allie aller said...

Stephanie, there is no one like you!
I had never seen your mermaid purse before...no wonder you couldn't part with it!

Lovely to see your cat pattern put to such fine use.

I was at a wonderful store in Berkeley last week-end called Lacis

http://www.lacis.com/

and they had a huge selection of period costume patterns for dolls. Thinking of your creations, I was tempted....

Carla said...

Wonderful! Your mermaid is so beautiful!

WandarArt.Stitch said...

Hi Stephanie,
your art, works are fantastic, I like this Art. work,
I warmly greet, Wanda