Monday, February 19, 2007

Past Week's Happenings





First, big thanks to all who left such nice messages! You better cut it out or I'll get a swelled head! Wish I could say I have been busy stitching, but first I was getting ready for my EGA class which was canceled, then I was getting ready for Doll Club, the Garden State Doll Artisans. This month, Lorraine showed us how to put together a jointed composit and a porcelain doll with elastic. Then we made pin dolls from a free pattern diane found on the web here http://www.dollmakersjourney.com/vpindoll/index.html we stuffed them with "easter grass" in varous colors. For some reason I didn't get pics of all of them.






At show and tell, we had the dolls we started at the last meeting led by Diane. The pattern is called Love, Tube and Roll by Gwen Jackson. The dolls started out as a rectangle of cloth. Great fun! I was gifted with one by Gwen and her sister as a thank you.
Here are the pics of the originals and below the ones from our club members, Diane, Stephanie, Mary (who has a wonderful doll in a beautiful spread in the latest issue of Art Doll Quarterly,





Linda, Maria, and Diane again. I LOVE doll club! These ladies are all sooooo talented.




I also finished the Pattern for One Kiss. Just a little more proofing and off to the printer.

No comments: