Covers, used the real Metal chandelier trim on the binding.
This is the new rusted pages I created and used for the second book. I also rusted some eyelet while I was at it, just staining randomly. All the stitching is done by hand, no machine stitching. I did use my die cut machine for the birds on the front cover and also for the shapes of the houses. The background of the cover is lace painted with Watercolor paints. The flowers on the bottom are pearl buttons with crocheted petals, The back cover is a lace, button and yoyo Mandela.
Back and front covers.
Inside front cover and Page 1
The Sunflower is created from die cut petals from painted and dyed fabrics. The center is a printed Kaffe Facett fabric that I Silk Ribbon embroidered over the design. Small clay frozen Charlottes with fussy cut butterfly wings on the bottom. Bee pin is from my collection.
The butterflies are my "Specimen" page. The colored outlines are cut with a punch from Tissue paper, glued to fabric then fussy cut. The small butterflies on the right are metal - a charm, a pin, and one I cut and colored from a soda can.
Pages 3 and 4 The vases are from sheer fabrics layered to give the illusion of water. Leaves are freemotion stitched left from another project. Flowers are layers of manipulated fabrics and lace.The tree is from deconstructed burlap, stained and stitched to form the tree. The pins of the poodle and the red hat lady are from my collection. The Pearl buttons were stained with Alcohol inks to give them color.
Pages 5 and inside back cover. The Balloon has layers of fabric strips, embroidery, crocheted pearl button flowers (not done by me but were a gift). The basket is an awesome Noah's Arc Pin from my collection. The large feathers are deconstructed fabric, the bird's nest is from deconstructed burlap. The feather on the bottom is from my back yard!
I also created this Mermaid page but didn't think it fit with the rest so replaced it with the Balloon.