Thursday, May 10, 2007

I"ve Been Tagged!!! 7 things about memememe

Allie tagged me for 7 things about me. After reading her list, I must admit we have something in common I never would have guessed.
1. I collect boxes from all my travels. I also collect Christmas ornaments from all the places I've been. I once used road maps on my Tree in lieu of garland. I thought it looked cool--my husband and step sons thought I lost it!
2. My earliest memories of time with my mother is being carried in her arms through the fabric department in Macy's NY when I was about 3 yrs old. She would feel the fabric and talk to me about it. I guess it stuck. She used to make all her clothes and mine when I was young, but she doesn't sew much anymore (she's 87 and her arthritis bothers her. I hope she is not reading this as she would be angry for telling her age!)
3. I am retired and loving it. Retirement is when you stop making a living and start making a life. Since I was so wrapped up in my job, all my friends thought I would loose it when I retired. Instead, I discovered making dolls. My favorite activities are attending doll club sharing with my dolling friends and making dolls. I have so much to learn and love the process.
4. I love doing just about anything that involves a needle, thread, and fabric.
5. I enjoy going out to breakfast with all of my female BFFs. We always have such a good time we end up with a few new people at our table.
6. I adore my husband and we both are so in love with our little dog Diamond who loves us back. Best thing we ever did was rescue her because she has rescued us.
7. I like to devour Chocolate, Ice Cream, and Harry Potter books and movies. Can hardly contain my impatience to read book 7.

Well, I am supposed to pass this on to 7 others, but I don't know 7 bloggers who haven't been tagged already.

Had been without a computer for awhile--I upgraded Windows and it didn't like my connection but all is well now. Back to cleaning my studio preparing for the upcoming class with Marilyn Halcomb I am hosting. She is a joy and I know we will have a great class--if I get the studio cleaned.

Thanks too for the lovely comments I have received about the bras, Crazy Quilt, and my dolls.

1 comment:

allie aller said...

This was fun reading...
I wonder what was your job before you began "making a life"...?