Monday, June 25, 2007

Dances with Butterflies in Doll Crafter & Costumer




Back in April I submitted pics of Dances with Butterflies for the gallery of Doll Crafter & Costumer. Instead, I was asked if I would like to do her as a pattern. I thought about it and decided to make a new doll 20% smaller than the original so the armature would be easier. I also modified her clothes a bit. Must admit, I think I like the new version better and this is the version that is in the magazine along with the complete pattern and instructions. Here are pics of the two side by side, original on the left. How exciting to see a doll in print! And the publisher did a great job. Love seeing the pics in color and the entire pattern plus the directions are the pull-out section.

8 comments:

Judi W. said...

I think they are both stunning! Congrats on the article - I can't wait to see it!

Natalie said...

Congratulations!!! I love this doll.
I think both are beautiful, but the one on the right grabs my attention more.
Great Colors!
I will keep an eye out for the issue.

Hugs,

~Nat

Anonymous said...

These dolls are gorgeous. I love fairies and I especially love fairy ballerinas. I hope you do a pattern for this doll. I will gladly buy her. Keep up the good work.

Debra

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous dolls. Congratulations. I love them both. Which issue is the article in? I can't wait to see it either!

allie aller said...

Congratulations, Stephanie! Wonderful work and deserving of publication....

p.s. you've been tagged over on my blog....

Unknown said...

Stephanie Congratulations on yet another stunning effort... I love your makes and cant wait to see what you come up with next... Thank you for sharing I am eagerly waiting for my copy of the magazine

Hugs di

Edwina Sutherland said...

Well done! They are lovely dolls!
Edwina

Clothmatters said...

Stephanie- Both dolls are adorable. I love looking at all the intricate details you put into your dolls. Well done.
Connie