Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Crazy Quilt Block




We have started our 2008 Breast Cancer Quilt. This one will hang in a treatment center in Vermont. I suggested a color scheme and theme and all the ladies loved it. It is Spring Flowers and Butterflies--very cheerful. Colors are soft yellows, peach/salmon, greens, ecru, touch of periwinkle/lilac. The blocks are progressing. We plan to have the quilt done for a gallery opening in May. To see other blocks in progress, visit Barbara's, Jule's, Judith's, Rengin's , Allie's blogs and the flickr site . Here are pics of my completed block.

Here is a close-up of the garden across the bottom.

The butterfly was fussy cut from a piece of fabric by Mary Englebright. I adhered a piece of sheer spark organza over it to tone the colors down. Then I beaded it with mostly tinted unlined AB seed beads and bugles. It is very 60's in feel. I love that fabric!
I also want to thank everyone for their kind words about Hyacinth. I still haven't found those white doves and I want to remake the parasol so it is sheer. Amazing how well she goes with the quilt block. Guess I had those colors on my mind.

4 comments:

Judi W. said...

That piece is phenomenal! It is absolutely stunning. Wow.

Anonymous said...

Oh my, that is the most beautiful work I've seen in a long time! I was tagged for this 7 Things meme so I'm passing it on to you. The rules of the game are when you are tagged, link back to the person who tagged you.Post the rules on your blog. Post 7 random or weird facts about yourself on your blog. Tag 7 people and link to them. Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged. It's actually a nice way to see more blogs. Don't hate me LOL.

Cheryl said...

This is exquisite!! I just can't add more to that. WOW!!!!

Cheryl said...

OH MY GOSH!! This is exquisite, fabulous, gorgeous, amazing (at least to me), impressive, beautiful. WOW!!!