Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Finished Paisley Purse

Finished this today. The strap took FOREVER!!!! I used a product similar to the cord diva but found lots cheaper in the children's party department of The Rag Shop before it went out of business. I love the results, used 8 strands of 6 different fibers and 1 strand of 1" sheer metallic wired ribbon for strength. I had to do a length about 2 yards long. My estimate it took about 6 hours. I do like it, but I probably would have liked a twisted cord too and that would have taken about 15 minutes!


Thanks for the nice comments about this effort. Can't wait to use it and see the reactions!


Now I have to work on some samples for EGA Merchandising. Our Guild will be selling items at the Regional Seminar. The Scissors Fobs went over very well last year. This year we are planning Napkin Rings, a needle book/scissor case, more fobs, and this face pin if I can locate a bunch of the little crocheted hats.

10 comments:

allie aller said...

WOW! I must say this is "trippy"! (And that's a compliment.) I can see Janis Joplin carrying this bag with pride....

Anonymous said...

This bag is fabulous!

Kathy Raker said...

Your bag is fantastic! I just love your work. May I ask what did you use for the base fabric? Love the colors.

Clothmatters said...

Stephanie- You always do fantastic work on all of your creations. And your paisley purse is no exception. It is marvelous. It is not a purse....it is a work of art. Great job.

Connie

Good Energy said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!! SIMPLY GORGEOUS!!!!!! I would love to know how you made this. Will you be giving an online class. I love purses and I love making them even more. Keep up the good work.

Debra

Rengin Yazitas said...

Gorgeous....You do amazing work.
Stephanie, please think about online class and count me in advance:))
Love,
Rengin

Leonie said...

Stunning results Stephanie! For sure the time you invested in the handle indeed paid off. It complements the bag beautifully.
Such a wonderful shock of color to brighten these grey, late winter days!

Bethel of Bethania said...

G'day Stephanie,
I'm visiting your blog via Jules' and I'm just blown away with your wonderful work. Your blue dressed cat is magnificent and this Paisley Purse is an absolute work of art - what do you guys say ... I'm gobsmacked... thanks for sharing your ever so inspiring art journey ... OOroo ... Bethel

Lin Moon said...

This purse is just wonderful! I'd love to take a class on it also!

Unknown said...

WOW....YOU ARE A MEGA TALENT! I absolutely love your work...the paisley purse is sooooo bee-u-teefoool!!!
Pam