Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Journal Update

A few years ago(2008 to be exact) I made a book to use as a journal. I decided to dedicate it to faces and proceeded from there. That lasted about 4 pages! It became more of a notebook and one I wasn't too proud of so I decided to make it a "sample" book. I was at a Stamp show this weekend in Pa and one of my favorite vendors, Stamp Camp, was there. I bought lots of stamps including the red queen and saying from Alice, a Harlequin background, a lovely saying, and some birds. I also got an order in of new Sizzix dies and Ranger/Tim Holtz products. I couldn't wait to play with them so decided to make some journal pages. The If I was queen is the first in my revamped journal. Stamps saying, Harlequin background and queen from Stamp Camp, flourish Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous. Flowers, leaves, green fourishes and Iron fence (Tim Holtz die) cut with Sizzix - the purple one thanks to another blogger Neil for the idea - is the small wings from the butterfly die. All the inks used are Ranger, most Distress inks. All the embossing powders (including UTEE black on the fence and white on the saying) are Ranger. Lots of stickles too. The crown was a stamp from the dollar bin at Michaels. What a find!
The embossed flourish on the birdhouse birds is Zing EP and the birds were cut with my Cricut (Serenade Cartridge). The rusted heart was from the clearance bin (I bought 50 of them at about 2c each! at ACMoore)and then added some Distress EP Tea Dye, Tree Sizzix Tim Holtz die, leaves Uchida punch, flower on top is cut with another new Sizzix die (not the Tim Holtz one). House is embossed with Cuttlebug, colored and embossed with Distress ink and Powder. The background paper is wrapping paper from the dollar store and colored with Adirindack Inks. Punches, house trim, flowers on bottom side are Martha Stewart. The little house is more of the same products just different colors and styles. The twill tape sentiment I purchased from a ribbon store. Love it! Also got a reel with the alphabet on it. The hearts are embossed fun foam with Stamp Camp stamp set (LOVE These!!!) and colored with Ranger inks and Perfect Pearls. The birds and saying are from the new Stamp Camp stamp. Aren't they great? The wings I added and are stamped with stamps from a Paisley set I purchased at Michaels. Something new - cling rubber. The trees are from Sizzix Tim Holtz Branch tree die. All the birds were stamped on black paper and colore with embossing powders. The saying was stamped with Lettuce Adirondack ink, embossed with Utee and then colored with Tea Dye Distress ink. The background was embossed with a Cuttlebug folder and colored with Ranger Ink. Now I have to clean up the mess I made!

10 comments:

Heather Elizabeth Brauner said...

Wow Stephanie ...fun stuff ..You have inspired me to keep my Art journal going .. hugs Heather ..ps I 'm going to use some of your ideas ...wink wink

Marjie Kemper said...

What great eye candy! Love the birds so much!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....Your pages are AWESOME!!! I LOVE all the goodies there are to look at!!!! GORGEUS!!

Unknown said...

I love your projects. They are very colorful and vibrant. This was very inspiring. Thank you so much for sharig.

Karen said...

Wow! You've been having fun.
I especially love the 'If I were queen...' page.

Jeanette said...

Beautiful pages. I do love those colors.

Shashi Nayagam said...

Oh these are such gorgeous pages. You certainly have been having a lot of fun.

Hanni said...

Wonderful project, so many great colors and different techniques. I love it!

Colleen Colquhoun Athens said...

holy cow!!! You have turned into a paper artist!!!! ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!! Wow...I love the birds and the texture...the PRETTY colors and the earthy colors!!!!!

Crowing Moon said...

WOW...absolutely gorgeous!