Saturday, July 16, 2011

New Experiment - Paper Jewelry

Hard to believe this is made with paper and aluminum Duct tape!  I received some of the new Sizzix dies ordered from Absolutely Everything (GREAT Service!).  I used a combination of Frame leaves and flower and the center flowers from another Sizzix die, Cottage Trio Layered flower. I cut the frame from black matte board with a layer of duct tape (this stuff is on a roll and is sticky backed.  I sprayed it with gold metallic paint first).  The leaves and flowers were from the Duct tape with black cardstock in the center (tape, cardstock, tape).  I then opened up a texture folder and put the frame through my Big Kick so it would be embossed only on the metal side. 
After I embossed the frame, I used Black Soot distress ink
on the top and Ranger Adirondack Black ink pen to ink the
edges.  Should have used Black Core Matte Board.
Using my Perfect Medium Pen, I added Pine Needles
Distress embossing powder to the whole thing then
added highlights to the leaves with Ranger Verdigris
EP.  LOVE this stuff!
I use Distress EP Concord Grape and Adirondack
Eggplant on the flowers.  I edged the smaller one
With Ranger Princess Gold.


I inked the back aroound the edges and slid the pin
through then glued it to the front.  Finished touch was
a crystal in the flower center.  I also bent the flower
center to add a little shape.
I cut out another frame for the back and inked
the edges.  I added holes to slide the pin back through
and then carved out a channel so it is flush with
the matte board. 



2 comments:

Kathy said...

Love the antique look of this pin. If you cut the same pieces out on shrink plastic and color them similarily, shrink and put together, you will have earrings to match. I love making and looking at handmade jewelry. Thanks for sharing.

Kathy
http://kathnan.blogspot.com

Nancy said...

Very, very cool, Stephanie! I'm going to have to try this!! TFS!