Saturday, February 18, 2012

More Books

I have two very dear friends who are always there for me to lend support, an artistic eye, and general joy.  I made them each a Friendship picture book and storage box for a gift.  I used some vintage pictures, favorite quotes and added photographs.  I changed the colorways and some of the embellishement techniques so each book wouldn't be the same.  I used some of the wonderful fabric I received from Hoffman to cover the boxes.  I used lots of embossing powders, Stamps, Crackle paint, inks, stains, gilder's paste and mica powders.  also lots of dry embossing and border punches.  The binding technique was adapted from a book designed by Laura Dennison of http://followingthepapertrail.blogspot.com/  Here are some pics.
Front covers
Inside front covers, page 1
Pages 2-3
Pages 4-5
The labels on the covers were texturized with Ranger gold and silver UTEE then some color was added with Gilders Paste.  The tiles are Tim Holtz Fragments with pictures of various ArtBra projects adhered with Perfect Pearls.  The pages were colored with Distress Inks as were the insets.  Used lots of Ranger Perfect Pearls, Dimensional Pearls and paint dabbers on the frames throughout the books.

The upper frame of the the yellow pages was made from Sizzix alterations strip die cut from cardstock covered with foil and colored with Gold Alcohol ink.  The bottom yellow saying page has Sizzix alterations on the edge Iron Gate embossed with Gold and Bronze UTEE then some black gilders paste.  I really like layering the UTEE on to get a really thick coat with lots of texture that is enhanced with the gilders paste.
Pages 6-7
the green pages have one of my favorite pictures and sayings (by Albert Camu).  the small flowers are cut from vellum stained with Distress stain.  The wings have crystal stickles on them.  the upper frame is embossed with Ranger Verdigris - another favorite product especially applied over copper Paint dabber.  The hand on the blue pages is from a Cuttlebug die that embosses and cuts.
Pages 8-9
Pages 10-11
pages 12 and inside back cover
<><><><>
Back covers
The frames around the ladies are braid covered with Ranger Glossy Accents.  All the insert pages started out solid colors then were stamped with Stampers Anonymous (Tim Holtz) Music, or flourish stamps, clear EP, then colored with distress inks. 

4 comments:

Colleen Colquhoun Athens said...

These are amazing....so full of detail, texture and color. I was just looking at my accordian book on the sticks that you made for me....just a beautiful piece to admire......Your special friends will each be thrilled with their gift.....

Ellie said...

Your books are absolutely wonderful! Your friends will treasure them. Where do you find all your resources to make them? I want to do a similar type of book for my best friend who recently got married but don't know where to start.

Leonie said...

I am so very happy to be one of the recipients of this exquisite work! They are even more beautiful in reality and I am delighted to think that Stephanie would put so much time and effort into such a thoughtful and incredibly creative gift. I am most grateful for the gifts of her hands and heart and treasure her friendship in return.

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

Your books are fantastic and something to treasure.