Monday, July 9, 2012

Another Version

I decided to make another version of the folding screen with the floating medallions using printed paper - Curiosity Shop by Graphic 45.  LOVE that paper.  I used many fussy cut images for embellishments.  The medallions are again Soda can metal fronts with Ranger Patina finishes and printed paper on the reverse.  I used some die cuts - the Sizzix Alterations Movers & Shapers small cabinet card, mini typwriter (WAY COOL!!!), keys, lock, mini birdcageBird from one of the Jewelry dies, Bigz Circle die #2 (for the medallions), Bigz Alterations tiny tags and tabs, Bigz Jelli tags, Sizzlets Alterations Vintage Lace cut from Metal tape on cardstock (yes it does cut through!) colored with Patina,  Die-namics circle #4, and the mini rolled roses (LOVE these too!).  Punches for the pole toppers (mostly Martha Stewart), and the Sizzix Vintaj embossing folders to alter the soda can medallions.  On the Butterfly Medallion, I used a sharpie to for the black outline but couldn't use the Ranger glaze because the sharpie would run so I used clear embossing powder to seal it.  Again the feet are bottle caps painted black then treated with gilders paste and Inca Gold paste.  The lock and keys are colored with about 3-4 different embossing powders.  Love how the lock came out - all Ranger products - Princess Gold, Bronze UTEE,  and Verdigris.  I made the hinges using sheer ribbon dyed with Distress stain, but I think I have a better way to connect them using bakers twine.  Next one! LOL  I love how the backs of all the papers are black and ecru which is what I used on the backs. I also used Vintage Photo Distress ink and a few Tim Holtz Fragments.  The whole thing is very vintage looking.  Such a contrast to the rainbow one I did first.  Keep watching for the grand opening of Artsy Soul and the class date!

7 comments:

Lisa H said...

WOW! that is so cool! I love that line of paper too and all the bits and details on it fit so well. I love it.

Lisa :) said...

This is pretty freaking amazing!!!

Shashi Nayagam said...

It is beautifull!

Scrappin' Stacy said...

What a Wonderful creation! Love the bottlecap feet

Unknown said...

Think I like this screen even more than the other one! And, I LOVE the mermaids! You'll have to bring one of your dolls to CREATE so Andrea & I can see one in person.

Karen Mallory said...

Love, love it Stephanie! I love the Graphic 45 papers too. They are so much fun. I love the way you use all the bits and bobs that are out in the craft world these days!
hugs Karen

Judys Lace Creations said...

Hello!!I found you by doing a search for Goddess dolls! WOW!!Love your work.I'm a new follower.I'll be back!!Thanks for sharing Stephanie.