Friday, December 7, 2012

Working on Christmas Gifts

I am so enamored with the little suitcase die from Sizzix!  I decided to do one in cloth.  To siffen it up, I used fusible web to adhere cotton fabric to both sides of stiff felt - the kind you can get at any craft store in 12 x 18" sheets.  I was going to use Timtex, but it was too thick and didn't fold very well.  The felt has some issues too, but it is better.  Next one I do I am going to adhere the fabric to chipboard.  I made the suitcase into a mobil sewing kit.  I put a scissors holder on the top, a pincushion on the bottom and left enough room for bobbin size spools.  I used other Sizzix dies to cut out the flowers and lots of pearl buttons for fasteners and decoration. I used distess dies on the edges of everything including the ribbon.  I added Dimensional Pearls to all the edges to keep them from fraying.  The stamp is from My Mind's Eye and the tag is a cut down version of the book plate from the Alterations large tag die.

2 comments:

mAtilda said...

i tuoi lavori sono davvero bellissimi. Complimenti! mAtilda

your works are really beautiful. Congratulations! mAtilda

Leonie said...

This is adorable Stephanie. You are a cleverl girl. I don't know what you will get up to next? You are so industrious too. I'm thinking about Christmas (-: but need to get my butt in gear.....